Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Designs of wedding cake


Planning a summer wedding? The latest trend in wedding cakes isn't made with cake batter at all, tho it sure looks like the real thing. It's a cake constructed of cheese rounds and decorated with fresh flowers.

We asked Bob McCall of Cypress Grove Chevre to fill us in on this trend: " We made a huge one for our 25th anniversary party last year (pictured above). Venissimo, a San Diego-based cheese shop does quite well selling a 'cake' with (starting at the bottom) a 5# Humboldt Fog, a 3# Truffle Tremor, topped off with a 1# Mini Humboldt Fog."

So now at the wedding reception, couples ready to cut the cake to begin their new life together can "Say Cheese".

Until our next food find...may all your food finds be fabulous!

Being an incurable Chocoholic, I would have argued to the bitter end with my future husband if he had not conceded to having a chocolate wedding cake. Luckily, on July 17, 2008, I married Mr. Right Cake!

Each month since, we have commemorated our wedding by revisiting the scene of our wedding, the Oceanside Holiday Inn, at Highland Beach, Florida, where we share a piece of our choice scrumptious milk chocolate ganache wedding cake, included on their dessert menu.

Some people find their romantic match based on astrology. I had gone a step further. Considering my predisposition to chocolate, I had been determined to date a pure milk chocolate lover like myself, as opposed to a dark or white chocolate lover. It was okay if potential marital partners had enjoyed their fix with a few raisins here and there, but most importantly, no nuts!

Having done extensive analytical research on the varying personality traits of people who had a preference for milk chocolate over dark or white, I would have been insane not to narrow my search. I had irrefutable evidence that pure milk chocolate lovers like me had bubbly personalities, didn’t think cow milk was the anti-Christ, and didn’t have to go to some specialty store in the Austrian Alps to obtain their chocolate!

Now, I don’t mean to come across as chocolate-tist, and in my past I had dated the entire chocolate rainbow of personality types. And sure, there is room for all chocolate lovers in this world. But at the end of the day, I just want to be able to relax at home with my type and not have to endure the company of a serious “I only eat 85% dark cacao chocolate!” whiney health nut type of person, or an “I only eat white chocolate because I’m that pure!” annoying perfectionist. Uch! Too hard to live up to. I’m happy being a foot dragging, “I eat it cuz I like it and that’s that!” milk chocolate junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment